Re: [ARSCLIST] Transferring wax cylinders

In a message dated 9/7/2005 10:22:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

One  of our clients has a collection of rare wax cylinders he would like
to have  transferred into the digital domain. These are of one of his
ancestors who  was apparently a renown opera singer in Edison's day.

One area that was only slightly mentioned in a response Steve was that the
definition of "rare" has to be taken into context. While you did not state the
artists name (I guess I can understand why), it may be that your client has a
 COMMERCIALLY made edison cylinder which has already been transferred
commercialy  to digital! Remember there are many "RAre" copies of "I'll Take You Home
Again  Kathleen" on Ebay! <vbg>

Also, if the performer's name was posted there might be people with OTHER
recordings of your client's ancestor.

Just some thoughts from a non-technician.

Steve Ramm