[ARSCLIST] Fwd: Thankyou Fellow Archivists

From: "Marie O'Connell" <azile44@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Richard

Thank you for your call and concern. I have just received a phonecall from Parker Dinkins also and it was great to hear his voice.

Could you please post this on the ARSClist for me -

I just want to thank all of your for your concern and thoughts. Zorro and myself are well and recovering in Jackson. I am not sure if I have electricity at home and if the 2 big trees are off my house, and if the ants are dead! Petrol (gas) is very hard to get and people, even here in Jackson are going crazy about it. Most petrol stations I have passed are surrounded by police to keep order.

I do doubt if the trees are off my house, but at least one of them is, the one that was lying on the power line and cable connection. I took many photos of my property....rented (thankfully) and when I can I will make a photoshow and even send some through to the list, if it is allowed.

Looting is a big problem, but at the end of the day....it is only my personal STUFF at home. And, it can be replaced. I am confident that my studio at USM is okay anA the University Police will be keeping a good eye on things.

My family in New Zealand, Australia & South Africa know I am alive........thank god for the New Zealand Embassy.

Thank you all.

Marie O'Connell
Sound Archivist/partially flooded & stressed transplanted kiwi.
Center for Oral History & Cultural  Heritage
USM
Hattiesburg

Vignettes Media web: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/