Re: [ARSCLIST] More on cataloging

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Green Richard wrote:

responding to me...

> This is an old (never-ending) debate - quick and (sometimes) dirty versus
> complete and detailed.

> Do the best you can with the resources at hand.

I am reminded of our never-ending discussions on the ultimate storage
solution. The old NEH Preservation Planning Study concluded with the
suggestion that there needed to be a "standard" solution, agreed to by all,
which would be supported indefinitely.

For me, I see both preservation and cataloging to be part of the same
challenge and inextricably connected.

Karl