Re: [ARSCLIST] 2GB limit for audio file formats

Don Cox:

> Not for serious listening but for serious processing.

Are you really 100% sure about that???

It is very easy to do a null test in Sonic since every copy soundfile
has the same exact time stamp.

The same goes for Algorithmic but can be done in real time. But in this
cas eit is easier to get artifacts compare to Sonic.

After remowing 10s of thousands of clicks from a 78 disk and I do a null
test what´s left is ONLY clicks with absolutely zero heard from the
music.

Not a single trace of that is heard.

What am I missing in not using 192 kHz for declicking?

:-)

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther