Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright wrongs: we can't let the music industry suits stifle creativity

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

The following is an exchange that has not been received by me in their
original form, although I expect it was distributed via ARSCLIST. However, an
irresistible urge to comment anyway had to be given in to (best way of
getting rid of a temptation, according to Oscar Wilde).

> At 11:25 AM 6/21/2005 -0500, Karl Miller wrote:
> >On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Mike Richter wrote:
> >
> > >  From my point of view, it would be sufficient to define as "abandoned"
> > >  any
> > > copyright not exercised for a defined term.
> >
> >I like that idea but...
> >
> >I am reminded of the effort it took for Mad Magazine to determine that
> >whatever ownership might have existed for the image of Alfred E. Newman, had
> >been abandoned.

----- but he did not worry.

Kind regards,

George