Re: [ARSCLIST] turntable recommendations

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, James Lindner wrote:

> I am sort of looking for "consumer" type stuff - i.e. I don't want to take
> out a mortgage to buy this

And speaking of taking out a mortgage...has anyone seen and/or tried the
Sirius III...cost $73,750  cartridge not included...

If you are looking for a good turntable at a good price...you can do what
I do...check second hand shops...

Kurt Nauck sells a fine table, with cartridge for $285. It looks like a
modified Technics. The Technics SL-1200 MK2 sells for around $525, the
Technics SLBD20D is about $175.

You can also do some comparison shopping at the Needledoctor...there is a
Stanton for $99.

Karl