Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape recorders for auditioning: Fill in the blanks?

To all who responded to my query, many thanks! I culled from your emails and put together a chart of the information as I saw it. There are some holes and there may be models I haven't yet considered. Information please! Note: to fit the email format, there are two tables, one on top of the other.

ModelTechnics 1500 SeriesOtari 5050 BQIISONY APR-5000    Speeds15, 7.5, 3.5      Pitch ControlYes      1/4 & 1/2 track YesSwapable heads    Reliability/DurabilityExc.      Parts Availability May still be avail.     Price$250-up      Other   ModelRevox B77 (MK2)Studer A807Teac A3300 Series    Speeds 15, 7.5, 3.5     Pitch Control       1/4 & 1/2 track Swapable headsYes, if modified    Reliability/DurabilityExc Exc    Parts Availability  Cannibalize-OK    Price $1000 range$350-850    Other Rebuilt by manu.Rebuilds available

RA Friedman, Archivist
Freedman Jewish Music Archive
University Of Pennsylvania

Webmaster, Yiddish-American Digital Archive
(Not affiliated with University of Pennsylvania)
http://yiddishsong.org
Restored 78s in Real Audio

Discover Yahoo!