Re: [ARSCLIST] baking tapes

I'm pretty sure that the tape won't melt at 130 degrees.

I've had tape curl at 130 degrees F, and usually try to stay between 120 and 125 when I bake.

2- I prefer a wind which utilises a larger diameter core that a 10.5
inch reel provides rather than the one that a seven inch or smaller reel
provides. In short , less internal tension due to the larger size hub.

This presumes that there are no plastic 10.5 inch reels with the larger NAB hub. There are and are just as usable for baking as the metal reels.

3- Most of the material that I handle is on NAB hubs which would be
even more problematic if broken down to smaller reels. But even when I
bake a seven inch or smaller reel in length , I still put it on a NAB
10.5 inch metal reel.

You can put it on a plastic NAB hub/10.5 inch reel and not have to break it down.

Diamond Productions
Specializing in analog tape & film preservation / restoration in the
digital domain.
Dave Bradley   President