Re: [ARSCLIST] Reel-to-reel tape recorder for auditioning archival tapes.

This doesn't answer the original question, but I've had a Teac A3300SX-2T since
early 1982, and it's still a reliable machine in spite of occasional metal fatigue
(the reel clamps and cue lever have lost appendages over the years). I've probably
replaced the heads 4 times. I don't think parts are available in Canada any more
though. It's certainly a better machine than the Tascams that followed. I still
record on it occasionally, and it's still the best machine for editing and
splicing (works fine on its back and there's a place for you to set the splicing
block).

For auditioning of quarter-track and half-track tapes and variety of speeds, I'd
still recommend the Technics 1500.

dl