Re: [ARSCLIST] Gold Archive Grade DVD-R

The key to the MAM CD-R stability is the combination of gold metal
reflective layer AND phthalocyanine dye. I am not sure if this new DVD-R is
using the very stable phthalocyanine dye or not. Certainly, the use of the
gold metal reflective layer improves the stability toward oxidative
influences, but the type of dye used is also important. I have a call in to
MAM to determine (if they will tell me) the dye type used. I will let the
list know once I find out.

Joe Iraci
Senior Conservation Scientist
Canadian Conservation Institute