[ARSCLIST] Digital recorder for transferring LP collection

I have a home collection of classical LPs in excellent condition, and I
would like to transfer them to CDs for convenience and to avoid record wear.
 I just want to get them transferred with moderate effort, and with little
or no digital reprocessing.  I just want to transfer one or two at a time as
I feel like listening to them, so I'm not talking about an industrial scale.

I have good playback equipment, cleaning equipment, and a freestanding home
CD recorder.  The intention is to record onto CD-R/W disks and copy onto
CD-R blanks.

The weak link is definitely the CD recorder.  The sound quality is good, but
the automatic track mark insertion is completely unacceptable.  It misses
the beginning of every band, and it inserts a lot of spurious track marks.
Manual insertion takes several seconds.  Piecing the tracks together on the
computer takes a prohibitive amount of time.

Suggestions?  It has to be reliable, and it must be of CD or LP quality.
I've done a little homework, and home recorders don't look too promising.  I
would consider an inexpensive freestanding professional recorder, maybe $700
or less.  Or recording on a laptop computer (price can be higher because I
get the use of the computer too).  I would also consider recording to
another format with lossless compression.