Re: [ARSCLIST] Reels of spaceflight broadcasts.

I've often wondered if there were adequate archives, government, broadcast,
and academic, of this material so that one can assume that any home recordings
of this type have no historic value. If one finds something that seems quite
unusual, how would one find out if "official" copies exist?

Recordings of this type would be of most interest to collectors or
enthusiasts in the particular field.  I have two reels of early 1/2" video tape,
nonstandard speed, of the first moon landing. It is quite an experience to watch the
entire event, in "real time" instead of just the usual series of snapshots.
This is something not often accessible to the general public.  There is also
something special about using the same machine that recorded the event at the
time it was happening.

These tapes might be of great interest to some individual, especially with
the original or similar recorder to play them. However, is it ethical or legal
to sell them?

Mike Csontos