Re: [ARSCLIST] New turntable query

At 07:04 AM 4/7/2005, you wrote:

The Esoterics are pretty cheaply made. We had one at the archive and we
ended up replacing it. The model we had used a p-mount cartridge that
could not be changed (Stanton 500 variant). The tracking force was also
fixed. Platter and tonearm were skimpy and cheap. We finally replaced it
with a KAB Broadcast Standard. Very happy with the decision. We don't have
any 16" discs, so it's quite good for our use.

That particular model is a bottom-of-the-line turntable designed for casual use by a non-collector. The CVS 14 & 16 models are much more substantial. If you care to play 16" discs and want high-quality transfers, we recommend the CVS-14 with the Transcribe Tonearm. If you want to go all out, the Rondine 3 is the ticket. More information, plus our discounted prices, may be found at www.78rpm.com.

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389