Re: [ARSCLIST] New turntable query

The Esoterics are pretty cheaply made. We had one at the archive and we ended up replacing it. The model we had used a p-mount cartridge that could not be changed (Stanton 500 variant). The tracking force was also fixed. Platter and tonearm were skimpy and cheap. We finally replaced it with a KAB Broadcast Standard. Very happy with the decision. We don't have any 16" discs, so it's quite good for our use.

RA Friedman, Archivist
Freedman Jewish Music Archive
University Of Pennsylvania

Webmaster, Yiddish-American Digital Archive
(Not affiliated with University of Pennsylvania)
http://yiddishsong.org
Restored 78s in Real Audio