Re: [ARSCLIST] Writable CD/DVD - long reply

Mike, your mention of write speeds got my attention.
I was always told that the slower the write speed, the
more stable the CD will be (that is, less prone to
errors).  So whenever I burn anything, I always set it
to the lowest speed possible (my current configuration
usually only allows me to go down to 8x or 4x,
depending on the media).  But is this not a good
thing?

I've noticed that my burning software has an option
under write speed for "Best," but I've never trusted
it because I have no idea what standards the person
who wrote the program (Toast 6 Titanium) used when
determining what's best.  Best for audio?  Best for
data integrity?  Best for creating coasters that look
lovely on your coffee table?  But am I wrong?  Should
I trust this "Best" setting, or should I stick with my
practice of burning as slowly as possible?