Re: [ARSCLIST] .wav file content information

Hello, John,

I think the initial programming project was to provide a manual interface
to the BWF metadata chunk, so that presented with a BWF file, the operator
could read and modify the metadata.

It was my suggestion to add the import/export utility and to make it easily
accessible by standard Microsoft/Open Office tools.

I do think that there is a place for this. If entity A provides a bunch of
BWF files to entity B, they could stand on their own w/o having the
separate metadata files.

Also, putting metadata into the BWF on the data tape or storage system is
the perfect long-term backup to the main data store. I did not see this as
a search tool, but as part of an archive strategy and an interchange strategy.

Cheers,

Richard