Re: [ARSCLIST] .wav file content information

I'm not quite sure what purpose a metadata loader/ extractor will serve.

At the NDIIPP website you will find the Version 0.2 Technical specification:

http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/index.php?nav=3&subnav=12

If you read pages 4 and 5 there is a reference to how "metadata evolves over
time".  Additionally, there is precious little space in the BWF header,
certainly not enough to incorporate every piece of metadata collected.

Beyond that, as I have mentioned before, some DAW apps may overwrite the
stored information if the file is opened.  In our commercial digital
migration business, most (if not all) of the BWF files end up on data
storage tapes - the metadata collected would not be very accessible if you
wanted to search individual fields.

If someone is to build something like this, I would assume that they are
using the SMPTE metadata dictionary (RP210v8) as a baseline?

XML would be the preferred way to go.

--
John Spencer
http://www.bridgemediasolutions.com/