Re: [ARSCLIST] Info on Zonal tape required

There is a paper being given at ARSC about a new process for removing the back
coating.

Since SSS has happened, we've been told that it was just coincidental
that back
coating and the "bad" binder formulation happened at the same time. Indeed,
some tapes that are back coated don't have the problem.

I'm sure all of you have experienced "Xerox" copies that welded themselves to
vinyl binders...

So, Jim, do you have any further info on back coating's interaction or
do we all
wait for the paper at ARSC?

Cheers,

Richard
--

Richard L. Hess
http://www.richardhess.com/tape/

Quoting jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Acetate tapes never had a back coat either. Hmmm.

jim lindner