Re: [ARSCLIST] A fundamental Flaw: Was Sampling Theory (was Fred Layn's post on the Studer list re: Quantegy)

> I'm reminiscing about Led Zeppelin's debut at the Fillmore in 1969. No
> idea what the PA amp might have been, but I think those were just two
> Altec Lansing A7 cabinets with horns book-ending the band. Sitting on
> the floor, ten feet from the band (when the stage was about three feet
> off the floor, in an smallish dancehall)...I wonder what a good
> recording might have revealed.
>
> Steven Austin

It probably would have revealed all the inadequacies of the room, and the
sound system, and the performance, that your mind glossed over at the time.
I bet you would be disappointed.
-Matt Sohn