Re: [ARSCLIST] Don't Dumpster That Tape Machine!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack L. Palmer" <vdalhart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>     Does this mean that my 6 reel to reel machines will have to last for
the
> rest of my life and maybe many years longer than that?.  All were in
working
> order when I put 4 of them in storage along side my two extra 3 speed
record
> players.  I knew those trips to the pawn shops would pay off some day.
I used to buy older 3-speed "record players" for $1 or $2 at Goodwill...even
found a couple in the garbage! Nowadays, they're marketed as "antiques" to
nostalgic baby-boomers...for $25 up! However, as near as I can find out,
nobody is making 3-mil 78 needles to fit them (even though I have three
in various stages of "working!"). Back then, I could buy N-8-3D needles at
the Astatic plant in Scarborough for wholesale prices, as long as I bought
a dozen at a time. Astatic still has a Canadian facility in the GTA, but
they told me they can no longer supply 3-mil needles.

Anybody out there got a whole batch of old N-8-3D's?!

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/