Re: [ARSCLIST] Don't Dumpster That Tape Machine!

In a message dated 1/13/2005 6:38:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We really need to start a campaign "Don't dumpster that tape machine." And,
we should try and discourage any further parting-out of working tape machines.

Cheers,

Richard
Well, I have an old Pioneer RT-707 that I used to use to play the few 1/4
track tapes that I have. It's as heavy as a small truck and built for rack
mounting. I was thinking of getting rid of it. Any takers? Metal take-up reels,
solid as they come. But there's something wrong the motor and I haven't used it
for years, especially since MY Otari 5050 plays 1/4 track as well as 1/2 track
tapes. But on the Otari, the rewind motor is broken so I have to flip tapes and
fast forward everything. Remember, I'm still out a turntable so left isn't
all that great here on the Ginell homestead, except we're not flooded out...yet.

Cary Ginell
Sound Thinking Music Research
soundthink@xxxxxxx