Re: [ARSCLIST] Don't Dumpster That Tape Machine!

At 10:30 PM 1/13/2005 -0500, Jack L. Palmer wrote:
   Does this mean that my 6 reel to reel machines will have to last for the
rest of my life and maybe many years longer than that?.

Well, I just heard on another list that Nagra and Stellavox are still making machines. So I was wrong. But, yes, it means you need to keep your machines and keep them working if you want to play tapes.

I'm doing that, too--which is why I have 30 reel machines in some condition
or other. Some are real carcasses, a few more than half work very well.

I also have five and a half Nakamichi Dragons--three in perfect shape, one
needs lube replacement in one spot, and the half is a complete
new-old-stock mechanism including capstans and heads.

Cheers,

Richard