Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright Alert

At 07:43 AM 11/29/2004 -0600, Karl Miller wrote:

When I can step back from my frustration and try and get some
perspective...it fascinates me how things have changed when orchestras
would make money with recordings contracts and broadcasts. It was a
different time...when not all of the standard literature had been
recorded. On the other hand, many of those orchestra players will donate
their time for a recording of chamber music, just so they can do the
literature they like and showcase their talents on an individual level.

For better and for worse, unions have a good deal of say in such matters. Note, too, that the cost of creating one's own label for release of a limited number of titles, each in an edition or relatively small size is today quite practical. Thanks to the Internet and search engines, there is an outlet for legal, quasi-legal and blatantly illegal material to be sold, though any thought of vast wealth deriving from such effort is a pipe dream.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/