[ARSCLIST] Audio Clips--What rate do you charge?

Good morning.

I recently received a request for audio clips from a series of oral history interviews that we hold. Releases exist for the interviews, so we are fortunate not to have any issues on that end. The issue I do have is that I haven't been asked for clips before and don't know what is a fair rate. I have a rate card for the film collections, but that rate would be grossly unfair for the audio in my opinion. Does anyone have a rate card for audio that they can share? Do you base your rate on a per second fee or per clip fee?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--
Miriam Meislik
Archivist/

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/index.html
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
--Steven Wright

When your mouth drops open, click the shutter
--Harold Feinstein, November 11, 2001

Photography does not create eternity. . . it embalms time,
rescuing it simply from its proper corruption.
--André Bazin (1918–1958)