Re: [ARSCLIST] seeking info - commercial history of phonograph and jukebox

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

on 23 October (ages ago), Laura Botts asked for sources to the commercial
history of the phonograph. The few responses there were only referred to the
old staples Read & Welch and Gelatt. The first is biased, imprecise in places
but has a lot of references. The latter is actually good, I have retraced
what inevitably must have been his sources, and I agree with his
interpretation of them, but he has no references.

Perhaps the following book might replace the above old staples, or at least
Gelatt:

Pekka Gronow and Ilpo Saunio
An International History of the Recording Industry
Cassell, London 1999                       230pp
ISBN 0-304-70590-X (Paperback)

This is a very good book, and it has a very large number of references.

Kind regards,

George