Re: [ARSCLIST] Gold CDs

At 01:04 PM 10/13/2004 +0100, Copeland, Peter wrote:
Dear All,
    I have followed the progress of the discussion called "Gold CDs" right
up to the present day, and one factor still seems to me to have remained
unsaid.
    Whether one attempts to label CDs my means of Wave file-headers (of
which there are several types), or HTML, or even the MPEG7 standard (does
anyone know what happened to *that*?), one always needs *software*. And
there is always copyright in software (in some places, *permanent* copyright
in software!)

All well and good up until that last.

No, rights can be waived and software copyright is frequently waived in
"freeware". That means not only from the Open Source Foundation (I hope I
have that right), but also by individuals.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/