Re: [ARSCLIST] Is recording to Reel-to-reel still the preferred preservation method?

Hello again,

I just sent off an ARSCLIST email, and I forgot to mention that I feel I'm not biased one way or the other as far as analogue vs. digital.  I believe both have their uses depending on the end product and its purpose.  Even though I'm in the business of manufacturing CD's in a remastering process, I personally watch for and buy reel to reel tapes and disks from eBay and other vendors.  Some of those recordings of the fifties and sixties were done with more time and care with wonderful ensembles and conductors with unduplicatible (is there such a word?) qualities both from an artistic and technical standpoint.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions