[ARSCLIST] Washington DC TV Doc. - Video Restoration (text only)

Metro Teleproductions in Silver Spring, MD currently producing "The Bayou" TV documentary on nightclub in Washington (see description below) . Typical labor of love project...thousands of $$ in in-kind money, over 40 hours of interviews. Applied (and applying) for grant money to finish the project.

SEARCHING FOR ADVICE: TONS of video from the club, some of which is priceless - Dire Straits first DC show...Ramones...Foreigner..Hootie & Blowfish. Some video may need restoration - looking for advice, ideas, leads on this. Any experience in this area?

Contact: Dave Lilling (301) 608-9077

See Bayou Trailer here (under New Projects): http://www.mtitv.com

"The Bayou" Documentary - BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The club known as "The Bayou" occupied the ancient building at 3135 K Street in Georgetown for 45 years, but it still occupies a place in rock & roll history and in the hearts of its many local fans.

This TV documentary project covers the club from its wild, Dixieland days, through the groundbreaking bands in the 70'' and 80's to The Bayou's final encore on December 31, 1998.

We explore the club's cultural through with interviews with local experts, writers and scholars...Washington Post music Writer Richard Harrington, Jazz Pianist and Smithsonian Resident John Eaton, Radio Announcer Cerphe Colwell and several others.

We remember through video and interviews, the Georgetown of the 50's and 60's, and the club's Jazz notoriety, with interviews from the likes of "Wild Bill" Whelan, Joe Rinaldi and others

We meet the local bands that made their mark at the Bayou...The Nighthawks, Nils Lofgren, Chuck Brown, Bill Kirchen and more. Equally as important, we hear from their fans...from the bartenders...the fond memories and historic anecdotes of The Bayou.

We take humorous and interesting side-trips through anecdotal stories of visits by Mickey Mantle, The Kennedys, Bruce Springsteen...and antics inside the club which can only be described by the fans themselves.

We chronicle the historic moments at The Bayou - U2's First American date, Foreigner's first club show... The Nighthawks "Blue Monday" series that had national impact on careers of Muddy Waters, The Fabulous Thunderbirds and others...and the many nights played by Dave Matthews, Hootie & The Blowfish and others on their way to superstardom

Most of all, we present a documentary that taps into the importance of The Bayou in Washington culture music and history. We hope to imbue this story with heart & passion for a place that, though no longer there, still claims a spot in local lore.