Re: [ARSCLIST] SV: [ARSCLIST] ? about Burning CDs for archives

At 12:11 PM 8/24/2004 +0200, Lars Gaustad wrote:

the info he gives on additives making it harder to produce high quality
may account for the Hypherion problems,
as they, or more correctly, Philips & Du Pont Optical UK Ltd, added
color to the polycarbonate to make them look goldish,
and we all know the trouble these discs have encountered.

We all may "know" something about the "Hyperion problems" - but what I know is that bronzing had an entirely different cause from that which you suggest. Hyperion is one of many publishers whose discs were affected. I have them from others and on discs which had no coloring agent added.

So if you would care to share what we all know, perhaps some facts may be
introduced.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/