Re: [ARSCLIST] Anti-virus on workstations?

At 06:16 PM 7/30/2004 +0000, Don Cox wrote:

I can see that you would rather struggle on with something you know.

I see no excuse for a computer used for audio ever putting breaks or
crackles in a recording. Would you accept that from a tape recorder?

It is not what I use, but what those I advise use. Of course I would not accept such behavior from a tape recorder, but neither would I accept it from a digital system. In fact, neither do those who ask me; they want practical solutions for their circumstances and upgrading the system economically for a task they are only beginning to use makes more sense than throwing out what they know for a preferable configuration.

Please note that I began my post with the disclaimer that my report dealt
with others' problems of the sort requested here. To ascribe their problems
to me indicates only that the prologue went unread.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/