Re: [ARSCLIST] Abraham Lincoln -- recording star??? Slave Recordings

At 09:05 AM 7/24/2004 -0400, Thomas H. Stern wrote:
Slave recordings - during the 30's the WPA DID record surviving former
slaves and their children.  Fascinating listening.  Some were released on Lp
by 'Mark56', and I believe there is a recent book of transcriptions with
some tape copies. (how about getting these issued on CD/ or with photos or
film on a DVD.  Where are you Library of Congress?)
Best wishes, Thomas Stern

There is a third option, CD-ROM, which I have been using for several years. The approach I take commingles text, graphics, audio and video by creating a WWW site on the disc. Such a disc is easily constructed, easily tested and economical to produce on CD-R or by pressing. There is information at my WWW site under Audio Encyclopedia and I'll gladly discuss the option further on- or off-list as you choose.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/