From: Paul Tombleson [mailto:pr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: July 6, 2004 3:32 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Wav L+R to MP3

Dear list I'm looking for help
I am using Pro tools on a MAC and are saving work as archival files as
stereo Wave files (left and right).
However now that I want to make MP3 files for ease of access and
distribution and save the lengthy process that my system goes through to
make MP3 files built into the Pro Tools, I thought I would take those Wave
files and use an encoder on a different computer.

Well I found that from these wave files the MP3 encoder see's these stereo
files L+R as two separate files and so I get Left as one file and the Right
as another.

Does any one have a suggestion as to how to circumvent this while
maintaining stereo?

I have many hundreds of hours so far of Stereo L+R Wave files and just hate
the idea of having to spend many more hundreds of hour converting them in
Pro Tools.

Paul Tombleson

Pro Tools mix 24 system
Pro Tools 5.1.1 software