Re: [ARSCLIST] Ethnographic/oral history archival access was [ARSCLIST] voice...

July 6, 2004

Dear Don Chichester,

Thank you for your interest in our sound recordings.

Our sound archives consists of oral history and folk music.
The oral history component features a myriad of topics,
such as labor history and folk culture, but does not to my
knowledge contain interviews with jazz musicians or big band leaders.
We do have a collection of vintage recordings of the Wheeling Steel
radio program, featuring music of the 1930s and 40s.  These have
been copied from transcription discs to cassettes for user access.

Sincerely,

Michael Ridderbusch

>>> Dnjchi@xxxxxxx 7/6/2004 12:10:30 PM >>>
I'm interested in the subject of your oral history holdings: just
folklore?
Or do you branch into jazz and big band leaders?
Don Chichester