Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio Material Assessment Survey

Sorry to bring a little dampness to your parade:

Do NOT play noise-reduced tapes backwards. There are time constants in the noise
reduction processor that I don't believe are totally symmetrical.

By this I mean any flavor of Dolby, dbx, or Telcom (or Burwen or is it Burwin?).

For non-noise-reduced 1/4-track tapes, I often record all four channels
simultaneously and then flip two. This gets it all in one pass. Also works for
two-track mono (with a different head).

Cheers,

Richard

--