Re: [ARSCLIST] Cook Binaural LPs

I was senior eng at Livingston Electronics from 1950-55. We mfg tone arms
that would fit on 17" turntables that would let stations play the then new
33 1/3rpm LP records. Emory came to us and ask us to design and build a tone
arm to play his records. I made one for him that afternoon. It was used to
broadcast the first stereo record on WQXR in NYC for the HI FI show in 54.
That arm is now in the AES Museum. The broadcast used WQXR AM for the left
channel and FM for the right. McINTOSH made a tuner MR-66 that has both AM
and FM dials. This method was used for years until Multiplexing was
developed and approved by the FCC. I have many of the Binaural records. I
still have a Magnacord PT-6 Binaural tape recorder. I used it to record many
albums in the US and Europe. All the recordings were made using CAPPS omni
condenser mics.
John Hall