From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marie O'Connell
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 1:50 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Writing - Reading ID tags

I was also having this problem but found a CD-Text Player & a CD-Text
Manager at this site which solved that problem.
http://cdtext.galleytech.com/  You use the Manager first and then go to
the
player.  Also, it is a free download.

Then, I also discovered, that I needed to put in my CD-Text information
into
my digital editor so that it is burned to the CD-R.  I use Wavelab 4.
Hope
this helps.

Cheers

Marie O'Connell
Sound Archivst
Mississippi Dept. Of Archives and History
200 North Street
Jackson, MS, 39201

Elliott Hancock wrote:

> What is the most reliable means of writing Identification tags to
music
> recorded on a CD-R?  What I would like to do is be able to place a
CD-R,
> that has been recorded, in a second computer and have it read the
names
> of the songs instead of track 1, track 2, etc.  We have been using
Nero
> 6 and have the boxes checked to write tags.  Sometimes it seems to
work.
> Sometimes it doesn't.  We are also using a label writing program which
> will sometimes read the titles from the CD-R and sometimes only track
> numbers and times.   We are using 7 computers that are not all in the
> same location for our digitizing project and have outsourced reels to
> another technician who records to CD-Rs.  It would be useful to us to
be
> able to read the CDs on any computer for the necessary information.
On