Re: [ARSCLIST] CD's in Metal Boxws

On 09/06/04, Nancy's Overland Stage Lines (Nancy and wrote:

> Can cd's, in their little jewel boxes, be safely stored in metal
> boxes?
>
> I've been fotunate to be exposed in my lifetime to almost all the
> recording media. Having accumulated a treasure of audio tapes over the
> last thirty years, has always made me allergic to magnets and metal
> boxes.

CDs are in no way affected by magnetic fields. Think of a manufactured
CD as being much like a vinyl LP, and a CD-R as being like a photograph.

I see the point of the query - I still find myself instinctively keeping
CDs away from magnets - but there is no need.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx