Re: [ARSCLIST] Robert Johnson recording equipment query

Thank you everyone for the responses about the Robert Johnson recording
session equipment. I'm sorry this email is so late, and I hope I haven't let
this thread die out. I've been following up on the leads, and have some
additional questions. I'm going to try economizing and put this all in one
email. I hope this is ok.

New questions:
* I've found a few leads for 1937-era metal-based lacquer discs (assuming
this was the equipment used for the original recording session.) However, we
need the equipment to be in operating condition, so that we can do an actual
sound recording (of a musician singing and playing the guitar, like the
Robert Johnson recording). Also, we need someone to actual operate the
equipment during the documentary shoot.

The film shoot would take place in June. We'd need to have both the
recording equipment and technician/engineer at our film shoot location; of
course, we would pay for transportation/shipping costs, and negotiate fair
rates to cover other expenses (equipment rental, labor, etc.)

Is there anyone on the list who would be interested in this, or can you
recommend anyone? Please feel free to respond to me off list at
yamamoto_ann@xxxxxxxxxxx

* If we're able to pull this off, we will also need to stamp a record from
the master for playback (I fear my terminology is all wrong...) Does anyone
know if this can be done, and any other details (where, how long it would
take)?