Re: [ARSCLIST] 4 track reel machines

At 11:36 AM 3/31/2004 -0800, retreat wrote:

Can anyone give me information where I can purchase a  4 track reel
player? Or is anyone interested in selling one?

Ebay is a fine place to look, but you will want to pin down your requirements for features and quality first. For example, there is a substantial difference between a four-track stereo deck and a four-track deck, sometimes designated quadrophonic, with all four tracks accessible concurrently. If you want the deck for playback only, availability should be higher and cost lower than if you want a competent recorder as well. If you are dealing with old tapes which may not have been stored ideally, you may put a premium on tape handling even at the expense of audio quality.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/