Re: [ARSCLIST] static removal on cylinders?

----- Original Message -----
From: Eugene Hertz
>Anyone routinely try to eliminate static on cylinders? I saw a product
called the Milty ZeroStat3 which is
>supposed to float ions atop the record and eliminate any charge.  What do
people do for discs and (my
>interest) cylinders?
Meaning static electricity (as opposed to "static" as a term for noise)? If
so, this isn't really a concern...
"static" was a concern for vinyl LP's, which could develop a static
(electricity) charge and thus attract
dust and other detritus, which could be embedded in the disc surface if
played over (and would be
audible given the high frequency response of LP playback hardware).