Re: [ARSCLIST] RCA Victor record plant film available on DVD

Graham Newton wrote:

> As an old RCA Victor Record Division employee, the film "Command
> Performance"
> narrated by Milton Cross has always fascinated me.
>
> ... I recently came across
> someone selling this film on EBAY.

Be aware of the fact that this film, as well as many other fascinating
titles, is available for download at the Prelinger Archive.
http://www.prelinger.com/prelarch.html

After viewing this film several times, I'm absolutely amazed that mere
humans could have come up with such a complicated process! Even more, I'm
amazing that such a huge quantity of recordings were made routinely this way
for several decades, and that the resultant discs were relatively
inexpensive.

On the other hand, I wonder how many fatal illnesses resulted from breathing
all the noxious fumes created by some of the exotic materials used in the
process. Times *really* have changed!

Aaron Z