[ARSCLIST] New western swing release on OJL

If I may be so bold to announce this brazenly commercial item:

Now available from Origin Jazz Library
Western Swing Chronicles, Vol. 3 (OJL-1002)
Ocie Stockard & the Wanderers (1937-46)

Ocie Stockard was one of the key pioneers of the early years of western swing in the 1930s. In 1937, he formed the Wanderers, which featured former members of Milton Brown's Musical Brownies. This CD features all released recordings by this band, including the 14 sides from their landmark 1937 debut that featured legendary trumpet player Harry Palmer. Also included are 10 other swinging sides from 1941 to 1946.

Album notes by western swing historian Cary Ginell. Restoration by Michael Kieffer. Set includes many unpublished photographs and excerpts from a 1984 interview with Stockard.

Price: $16.00 + $2.00 shipping. To order, go to www.originjazz.com and click on "Catalog" to find the Stockard release.

I will have a few copies available at the ARSC Conference for scrutiny.

Cary Ginell
Sound Thinking Music Research
soundthink@xxxxxxx