Re: [ARSCLIST] Sound Archives. Boston Public Library.

At 10:35 AM 3/2/2004 -0500, Frank Strauss wrote:
I am running Win xp Prof and use both the latest Netscape and the latest
IE, and I have RealPlayer installed.  As soon as I click the play button
on either browser, I get a crash which necessitates shutting the browser
down.  FBS

Intriguing. On Win2K SP3, clicking a Play in Netscape starts playback with no visible player; in MSIE, it brings up a player unique to that site and the audio begins.

I suspect that the unique player is part of the redirection scheme which
precludes your retrieving the original file. Of course, that can be
circumvented by capturing the audio during playback, but those concerned
with protecting rights seem blissfully unaware of reality.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/