Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 RPM Packing Advice Requested

Just catching up a little,

Tightly packed is important... A separator between records(if not sleeved)
will avoid "traveling grit" track marks in groove areas and label wear.
Carton size should be small enough(less weight) so that the handlers won't
"inadvertently" drop or slam them down in moving. I've found "if you stack
'em, you crack 'em." When enough weight develops on a stack of records,
warps will resolve themselves by the record cracking. So pack or at least
load the boxes so the records or on edge, and probably should put spacers
between layers since there is less area to spread the load than flat stacked
records. On pallets, using stretch wrap(office supply store) will tie
everything together.