Re: [ARSCLIST] audio cassettes

I think that high quality type II audio cassettes  would be an excellent
analog back up medium IF the machines were to be available in full track
mono,  and two track for stereo.  This'd be because of an increased
footprint & all of its advantages, plus being able to keep the stuff wound
tails out.

I have cassettes that I made almost 30 years ago that have had their share
of extreme enivornmental conditions in our cars and they still play
properly.

With the high cost of RTR stock, too many eggs are being stashed in digital
baskets.

Shiffy