Re: [ARSCLIST] Transcription Turntable recommendations

Transferring and restoring transcription discs are not as simple as just having the right turntable. You need a phono pre-amp that can recreate the correct playback curves. You need a collection of styli that will fit the groove properly. And you also need the years of experience to know what to listen for. If you have all that you  can get the best signal to noise ratio, the best dynamic range, and the best frequency response out of these discs. Many transcription discs sound great but only if they are played back correctly. Also if they aren't played back correctly they can be severely damaged. If you need to know any more details about disc transfer feel free to call or e-mail me. I'll be more than happy to give you all the free advice you can handle.

Adrian Cosentini
Chief Audio Engineer
VidiPax
212-563-1999 ext 135