Re: [ARSCLIST] Transcription Turntable recommendations

Many thanks to those colleagues who wrote providing suggestions on units.  A number of messages were received promoting transcription services, fee for service transcription copying, and audio technical advice at cost.  We are delighted to see that this forum offers a number of participants ample marketing opportunities however we are seeking input on usage of certain units.  We are an archive formally in existence since 1973 and were seeking suggestions, of which we have a few, for an adjunct machine for our use since our focus is not in radio transcriptions per se.  Our plan is to secure these items in long term storage media as reference copies and sell the original transcriptions as we do periodically with other holdings in the archive.

Any further suggestions or experience from members are welcome.  To date we have some feedback on the following:  ATEN Seven Speed 16" Capacity Manual Turntable, KAB Transcriber II, Nauck Murray II and Whiteman.

Thank you.

Johan Bos-Beijer
Director
BBACE
Bos-Beijer Archive and Consultancy Enterprises