Re: [ARSCLIST] transcription turntable

In a message dated 12/11/03 10:25:29 PM, LISTSERV@xxxxxxx writes:

<< The unit does not have to be exclusively for 33 1/3 16" =
transcriptions and could serve as a multi purpose back up turntable.  We =
do not wish to invest in high end equipment for the limited use it will =
get and for the level of source material quality.  The discs we have are =
in near pristine condition with many of their original radio scripts =
included. >>

You are probably not going to find a turntable that accepts 16" discs short
of a professional  quality broadcast turntable such as Technics, Panasonic, SME
 -- new or used at about $1,000.00 or more.  And you should look at what
stylus and preamp will provide adequate sound quality.  I presume you intend to
transfer these discs to some high resolution digital format for long term
storage, and/or reference access.

Discs should also be cleaned prior to transfer for preservation, an often
expensive and troublesome procedure.

What I'm getting at is that you should entrust this to a professional for
transfer.

I do provide these services and many others on the list can refer you to
professionals in the field.

Good luck on this project.

Dave Radlauer
www.JAZZHOT.Bigtep.com