From: Steven Smolian [mailto:smolians@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 October 2003 22:52
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The lowly cable puller [was Re: [ARSCLIST] audio
help]

In my experience working with "regular" engineers, the issue has alway been
one of attitude as well as skill.

Good attitude involves the concept of being as true as possible to what the
original would have sounded like, and that's part experience, part musical
and aural sensitivity.

Bad attitude involves making it "better" so it contains the thumbprint of
the engineer.

Keeping the ego out of the audio is the botom wavy line.

I believe Miss Ryver's past postings to this site place her firmly in the
"good guys" group, sometimes enchanced with technical insights others had
not addressed.

Alyssa, please keep up the good work.

Steve Smolian