Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSCLIST Digest - 14 Oct 2003 to 15 Oct 2003 (#2003-238)

--- dmr HEART INC <drewslexy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     Interesting concept, however SIMULATED DIGITAL
     RECORDED material is attainable.  I suggest
     you take the time setting up a work station
     for in the real world use... and try this
     program "Precision CD Wav Converter"

      http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/
              [correct search link]

 Gang,
 If you are attempting to do any recording using
 your high-tech computer i suggest you take at look
 at Precision CD WAv Converter.  It's FREE for 100
 takes. Has a time stop and the digital audio is
 equal to any of the other software programs costing
 10 times more. What's $20 for something this good...

 I commend the designer for allowing FREE USE for
 evaluation.... find it at Cnet or
         http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/

 Here is the deveoper's input:

 From the developer: "Precision CD WAV MP3 Converter
 is designed for beginners and ADVANCED users alike.
 Drag  and drop any number of files to the
 Conversion List. Controls have a simple, logical
 layout. Pop-up ToolTips help make the interface
 self-explanatory. Create VERY HIGH-QUALITY output
 with precise control over conversions. MP3
 encoding uses CBR, VBR, and ABR modes. Use
 Automatic Easy Presets for simple MP3 creation or
 choose the Manual or Expert modes for more
 extensive settings. Convert to and from all
 supported formats: WAV, MP3, Windows Media
 Audio 8 and 9, and Ogg Vorbis. There's also
 a WAV recorder that can capture and CONVERT
 records, tapes, streaming Internet audio,
 microphone, or any sound, to the DIGITAL WAV
 format. All converter and CD extractor settings
 are saved on exit. Package includes LAME-MP3/OGG
 Encoder, v3.92 MMX, and Windows Media Audio 8
 and 9 codecs. The included Precision Digital
 Audio Extractor makes exact digital copies of
 audio CD's using automatic error correction.
 Retrieve and submit CD information using
 the online FreeDB database. Keep your music
 collection  organized with automatic: track naming,
 artist/album folder creation and MP3 ID3 tagging.
 There's also an ID3 tag editor. Tracks are saved
 as WAV or MP3 (CBR or VBR). Windows 95, 98 and ME
 users can also extract CD tracks shown as WAV's in
 Windows Explorer.

 Drew Malone; Raines III
 H.E.A.R.T. & Associates
 drewraines@xxxxxxx